This role will drive brand awareness and sales by building relationships with current and desired Saucony consumers, the running community, and key retail partners. It will focus on supporting retail stores through regular visits, training, store events, and other regional activity. Additionally this person will partner with key retailers to drive sell-through and represent the brand during major marketing and product activations. This role will work closely with the Canada marketing team to bring the brand voice to life on the ground. They will also be called upon occasionally throughout the year to represent Saucony Canada at national events including marathon expos and global team meetings.
1. Taking the global marketing platform and bringing it to life at the local level.
2. Developing a plan for having on the ground communication with consumers 365 days a year.
3. Support retail partnerships through positive relationships, staff education and by building local programs that engage existing and new consumers.
4. Responsible for planning and executing regional events that are aligned with the global brand platform including new launches.
5. Creates ideal in-store environment based on global merchandising guidelines in key accounts. Secures best placement and visibility for point of sale assets and ensure in-store assets align with global calendar.
6. Maintain regular communication with Sales and Field Marketing team through daily and weekly reports.
7. Maintain and track monthly travel and product seeding budgets
8. Maintain a sensible travel schedule, including office time and overnight travel throughout territory.
9. Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 1+ years of Marketing or Sales experience
• Experience in retail, especially within an outdoor athletic minded industry
• Must be enthusiastic and energetic and have a passion for the industry with a personal connection
• Must be ambitious, organized and have strong time management skills as he/she will be working outside the corporate headquarters
• Strong leadership, initiative and communication skills
• Must be outgoing and personable to handle daily interactions with their peers, accounts, and consumers
• Ability to manage diverse needs and expectations of the retailers they service
• Ability and availability to work on nights and weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) due to retail promotions and events is a must
• Requires excellent presentation skills and the ability to seamlessly blend in with an extremely diverse audience
• Excellent written, presentation and verbal skills with a strong attention to detail
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
• Ability to meet strict and demanding deadlines
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills
• Strong PC/tablet skills, including proficiency in MS excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Database management, report creation, Internet Applications, and Social Media
Normal office and retail store environments, as well as indoor and outdoor athletic events. Frequent travel required. This position is located outside of the corporate headquarters and includes driving as well as periodic national travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.